Client Held Funds and Billing Coordinator
- - Home Office
- Independence, OH, USA
- Full Time
Koinonia is Northeast Ohio's leading agency dedicated to ending the social, physical, and economic isolation of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and other complex conditions. Koinonia's mission is to partner with people who have developmental disabilities and other complex conditions, resulting in the highest possible quality of life through integrated, whole-person care.
Koinonia is seeking a Client Held Funds and Billing Coordinator. The Client Held Funds and Billing Coordinator provides general accounting and administrative support for assigned tasks. Reviews and files clients' medical bills. Audits clients' food stamp, personal allowance and house spending logs and writes up the journal entries. Bills DODD Waiver Services monthly.
Client Financial Management - 50%
- Performs monthly food stamp, personal allowance and house debit card audits to ensure all client funds are safeguarded and the agency stays in compliance with SSA and DODD rule.
- Replenishes Supported Living house accounts and personal allowance on a monthly basis.
- Ensures completion of monthly ICF, I/0 Waiver, and Host Homes personal allowance audits. Ensures deposit of unspent funds.
- Distributes ICF, I/0 Waiver, and Host Homes monthly personal allowance funds.
- Prepares deposit of unspent monthly personal allowance.
- Processes printing of Client Held Funds (CHF) monthly financial reports and reconciles balances to general ledger.
- Processes and tracks IREs (Individual Request Expenditures) requests.
- Prepares clients' employment earnings and cost of care calculations.
- Responsible for processing of clients' medical bills.
- Opens State of Ohio Stable accounts.
- Prepares income tax forms for rep payee individuals.
Billing Waiver Services for Transportation Day and Special Programs-20 %
- Bill waiver services in SE Web Brittco monthly for transportation, day program, step program, employment services.
- Enter payments made for all billed services back into Brittco.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES 20%
- Reviews and recommends opportunities for professional and personal growth of self.
- Maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of the financial systems, processes, and data.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the Revenue Cycle Manager.
- Participates in agency events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in accounting or commensurate experience.
- 3 years experience required.
- Knowledge of Social Security, Medicaid, and other government service systems.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office Products - Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Koinonia Offers a Robust Benefit Program to Our Employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Voluntary benefits begin 90 days after date of hire
- Supplemental Medical Coverage (GAP)
- Flexible Spending Account; Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance; Short Term and Long Term Disability begin after 1 year after hire
- Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Discounts to local businesses
- Employee Assistances Plan
- Active Referral Bonus