Night Services Administrator
- - Home Office
- Independence, OH, USA
- Full Time
Koinonia is a leading non-profit organization providing residential services, day programs and employment services to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout Northeast Ohio. We enrich lives through superior care and extensive services, responsive to each person's needs.
The Night Services Administrator is responsible for the management and supervision of Koinonia's night scheduling staff. The Night Services Administrator also, provides supervision, support, and guidance to night-shift direct support professionals (DSPs). Provides necessary leadership, guidance, and direction to promote the achievement of high-quality outcomes during overnight hours. The Night Services Administrator reinforces staffing patterns across the agency and utilizes available resources to maximize capacity when determining staffing needs. Follows and enforces all Koinonia's policies and procedures and maintains relevant regulatory requirements regarding staffing patterns. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Effectively leads, mentors, and evaluates the night direct support professionals as well as night shift administration team. Collaborates with department managers for disciplinary actions but maintains immediate supervisory discretion.
- Ensures that the assigned team has the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform job duties at a high-quality level.
- In collaboration with the program directors and the vacancy coordinator, ensures appropriate staffing schedules, patterns, and assignments are implemented and maintained by the scheduling team.
- Effectively participates in the position development, recruitment, selection, and retention of staff for the night shift staff in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Facilitates strong effective communication and teamwork between the night services staff and other departments/shifts. Serves as the communication liaison and leads the problem-solving process when issues arise during night shift.
- Fully supports, drives, and executes all organizational business strategies.
- Maintains the highest level of integrity by conducting self to further a positive and professional image of the Agency and its services.
- Monitors and enforces all Koinonia policies and procedures to guide staff conduct, decisions, and service delivery.
- Monitors current practices high quality performance and efficiency. Develops new processes, when necessary, to ensure safety, quality, and fiscal responsibility are met.
- Leads regular meetings with direct report staff as well as necessary meetings with night-shift DSPs to support information dissemination, learning, and mentoring.
- Supports new hires to to ensure proper training is completed while discussing concerns or opportunities. Ensures proper coaching of staff to develop solutions.
Administrative/Management Duties: 35%
- Takes ownership of scheduling within assigned program areas, effectively navigating the scheduling software to meet the appropriate staffing patterns as defined by the agency and external regulatory requirements.
- Monitors and facilitates call offs and ensures staffing coverage is provided when available.
- Works collaboratively with the team leads and home coaches to troubleshoot coverage solutions when Superimposed or Sub staff are not available.
- Establishes clear ownership for project tasks, ensuring that team members have the tools necessary for accountability to deadlines and anticipated outcomes.
- Ensures proper implementation of care, compliance with various health and sanitation standards, and compliance with policies/procedures in planned and emergency situations that occur during the overnight hours.
- Conducts both scheduled and random observations/checks, responds promptly to phone calls and messages, and uses sound judgement to make decisions.
- Tracks staff orientations and notates availability for scheduling.
- Maintains fiscal responsibility related to FTE's/hours worked and reports any hours outside of approved budget.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with program staff to ensure thorough and efficient practices and outcomes.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to maintain thorough knowledge and service capabilities, ensuring appropriate levels of communication, as needed.
- Approves and submits payroll and other related employee expenses.
- Prepares outcome reports and statistical data as directed by the VP of Programs.
Staff Development– 20%
- Ensures the department staffing structure supports the work and organizational priorities.
- Drives staff development with continual communication, frequent coaching and feedback, performance evaluations, and disciplinary action, as necessary.
- Utilizes remote technology to conduct shadow training, quality control, and observations of remote staff.
- Develops and retains a skilled and effective workforce. Motivates and inspires staff, recognizes achievements.
- Conducts self in accordance with Agency policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Pursues continuous learning and professional development and instills the same expectation for direct reports.
- Maintains appropriate credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or trainings as expected for position.
- Interacts with peers and others to encourage and support professional and productive working relationships so that the mission of the Agency is furthered.
- Assumes on-call responsibilities as assigned. Ensures effective on-call system and trained personnel provide on-call services for the division.
Customer Service (10%):
- Work will include an office or remote environment that includes a great deal of sitting.
- Ability to work weekends
- Bachelor's degree in a human services, business, or related field preferred.
- One to two years of prior experience of a similar scope.
- One to two years management or supervisory experience.
- Proven experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office products and ability to learn and be proficient in the scheduling software.
- Flexibility in assigned working hours and location.
- Ability to be in a rotating on-call schedule.
- Ability to self-direct without daily supervision.
- Ability to manage time effectively, organize calendar and tasks well, with strong skills in delegation, follow-up, and handling several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written mediums.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in difficult circumstances, demonstrating effective leadership throughout any situation.
- Ability to observe, ask questions, listen actively, give and accept feedback effectively, and problem solve quickly.
Koinonia Offers a Robust Benefit Program to Our Employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Voluntary benefits begin 90 days after date of hire
- Supplemental Medical Coverage (GAP)
- Flexible Spending Account; Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance; Short Term and Long Term Disability begin after 1 year after hire
- Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Discounts to local businesses
- Employee Assistances Plan
- Active Referral Bonus
EOE/Drug Free Workplace