Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting
- - Home Office
- Independence, OH, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, 403B
Assists / back up to the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis – assist in consolidating and reporting Company-wide financial forecasts assist in the preparation of the annual budget. Conducts financial and operational analyses necessary to assist senior management in understanding business performance. Supports initiatives to standardize reporting for the entire agency. Provides direct support to provide financial information for grant requests. Performs special projects, ad hoc analysis to support the strategic plan and initiatives of the Agency.
Financial Planning (Budgets/Business Plans/Projections) – 20%
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of enterprise-wide planning and reporting solution.
- Assists in annual budget preparations by providing basic assumptions, budget formats for General Ledger account layout, P&L format, files for calculating payroll and depreciation expense. Direct division analysis when questions arise regarding their division budgets. Assists business units in preparation of budget presentations.
- Assists in researching and providing budget directives annually to include all basic assumptions for annual expense increases to all divisions and senior management.
- Updates periodic forecasts based on historical data and current business plans and strategies.
Financial Reporting & Analysis – 60%
- Prepares monthly financial statements and supporting analysis
- Prepares monthly operations reports for managers and executives
- Analyzes operating activities driving financial results of assigned divisions, highlighting any major event or deviations.
- Monitors expenses vs. budget and business plan/projections for divisions. Analyzes deviations from budget to show impact on future operating results.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining financial forecasts, cash forecast and other financial modeling to monitor and manage operating results / trends.
- Assist in providing financial analysis and ad hoc financial reports for the agency.
- Provide Finance team support for workflow & systems optimization
- Assist in the development and reporting of dashboard information.
New Business Development/Acquisitions/Mergers – 10%
- Assist in the development of models for the purpose of analyzing, forecasting and controlling financial data relating to investment alternatives and new projects.
- Developing, enhancing and preparing managerial accounting and financial reports, analyzing and interpreting results, and making recommendations to enhance business processes and profitability.
Customer Service – 10%
- Interacts with peers and colleagues and all other customers with the understanding that service is our reason for existence.
- Displays a positive attitude. Responds positively to changes and demonstrates the ability to be flexible in their work environment.
- Ability and willingness to work with co-workers, customers, supervisors, other Koinonia personnel, and management.
- Responsible for the processes to ensure the confidentiality, security and integrity of data and that the information is maintained and protected against loss, destruction, tampering and unauthorized destruction or use.
- Skills in analyzing activities, interpreting financial/operating results and developing alternatives.
- Skills in use of financial analysis tools – SQL, tableau, data analytics.
- Skills in written and oral communication.
- Knowledge of Windows-based operating systems environments, spreadsheet software, graphics software, word-processing software and database software.
- Knowledge of accounting theory and application of financial and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of analysis and forecasting.
- Knowledge of theory and application of budgeting processes.
- Knowledge of computer modeling and financial forecasting.
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- May work evenings and/or weekends.
- May be exposed to contagious diseases.
- May be exposed to aggressive or otherwise challenging individuals.
- May require periodic travel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent.
- 5+ years' experience in financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting and financial modeling.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus organizational skills.
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience working with various finance and accounting software packages.
- Experience in SQL and Visio workflow mapping desired
- Proficient in MS Office –Advanced Excel skills required.
- Demonstrated results working with multiple locations, allocations, consolidations and eliminations.
- Valid Ohio Driver's License & must have vehicle liability insurance.
EOE/Drug Free Workplace