Revenue Cycle Manager
- - Home Office
- Independence, OH, USA
- Full Time
Koinonia is Northeast Ohio's leading agency dedicated to ending the social, physical, and economic isolation of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and other complex conditions.
The Revenue Cycle Manager is responsible for the supervision and control of the revenue cycle management functions, for supporting the successful financial performance of the agency under the regulations of governmental payors, including Medicaid and County Boards of Developmental Disabilities, and for supporting the mission of the agency through financial projects and analyses of relevant and timely issues.
This position directly supervises the Revenue Staff Accountant, Billing Coordinators, Client Held Funds Coordinators, and reports directly to the Director Finance.
The Revenue Cycle Manager must interact effectively with all levels of management and associates, and be viewed as a knowledgeable, skilled, and trustworthy fiscal manager and team player. Critical outcomes will include the ability to compare and discuss actual monthly performance with operating plans/budgets and I/DD industry standards, including comparison to various ceilings, incentives and indicators contained in Medicaid reimbursement system formulas. Must effectively assist managers in the monthly review of their budgets and interact regularly with managers to guide better utilization of their resources, achieve efficiencies and cost controls, and enhance revenues in order to meet or exceed their budgets.
- Effective management of all aspects of revenue billing and accounts receivable to maximize revenue opportunities and cash receipts
- Establishment of measurable, achievable, realistic and time sensitive goals for direct reports. Individual and team goals will relate to performance and learning (personal and professional development).
- Works collaboratively across the organization to support cross-functional initiatives of other departments as well as the Finance Department.
- Completes monthly closing, year-end activities, audit prep, and external reporting requirements accurately and on-time according to established deadlines.
KEY PERFORMANCE GOALS:
Expert understanding and management of all revenue billing streams, maximize revenue opportunities. Expert understanding and management of account receivable and aging with-in rule to maximize cash receipts. Management of Client Held Funds activity within rule and maximize efficiencies of process with tracking, reporting via process improvement and automation. Focus on process improvement, effective change management, automation and innovation. Coach, manage and develop team with the goal of Servant Leadership and life long learner. Support the Agency strategic plan and initiatives for whole person care in all area of the Agency.
- Accounting Information, Processes, Procedures & Systems - 40%
- Budget Creation & Monitoring - 15%
- Management, Supervision, and Leadership- 20%
- Financial Analysis/Special Proiects/Annual Audit/External Reporting- 15%
- Customer Service - 10%
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting. CPA Preferred
- 5-10 years experience as an accountant or as accounting manager, with direct experience in the I/DD field, either through working in an NPO that provides residential services in the State of Ohio, or through working in an accounting firm that specializes in long term care/health care with a strong practice in the I/DD field.
- Demonstrated competency in the various financial functions and management analyses dictated by the Ohio Medicaid program, including cost report preparation.
- Knowledge of Medicaid and County Board of Developmental Disabilities reimbursement systems, and understanding of ICF and Waiver (licensed and non-licensed) residential settings, required.
- Knowledge of mental health billing preferred.
- Knowledge of subsidiary and inter-agency accounting required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus organizational skills.
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience working with various finance and accounting software packages.
- Proficient in MS office - Specifically, Excel, Word, Outlook, TEAMS and Sharepoint.
Koinonia Offers a Robust Benefit Program to Our Employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Voluntary benefits begin 90 days after date of hire
- Supplemental Medical Coverage (GAP)
- Flexible Spending Account; Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance; Short Term and Long Term Disability begin after 1 year after hire
- Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Discounts to local businesses
- Employee Assistances Plan
- Active Referral Bonus
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts