Community Coach in Summit County
- - Koinonia Enterprises
- Stow, OH, USA
- Full Time
- Paid Time Off, Health, Vision, Dental, 403(b), Daily Pay
The primary function of the Community Coach is to help people learn, accommodate, and perform their work duties. The Community Coach may work with individuals' one-on-one and/or in a small group. This position will mainly focus job responsibilities in Summit County but might be required to travel to adjacent counties for service coverage. In addition to working on skills related to performing specific job tasks, a Community Coach also helps with interpersonal skills necessary in the workplace. The Community Coach may also facilitate volunteer experiences for individuals and maintains positive relationships with employer partners in the community. The Community Coach shall document services both thoroughly and timely; assesses and monitors outcomes to relay to the team to ensure the participant is as independent as possible. Transporting individuals may be required to and from the work site.
- Accompanies individuals to the workplace and volunteer opportunities; observes performance; oversees work training; provides instruction and assistance accordingly.
- Provides support to Individual and team members in obtaining workplace skills and abilities and potential barriers to maintain employment. Functions as an advocate and customer service liaison between site personnel and the individuals to maintain open communication and achieve IP and employment career goals. Ensures adherence to HIPAA standards at all times.
- Is a continuous positive role model for appropriate work behavior, work attitude and work ethic, and is expected to conduct themselves accordingly at all times, including wearing appropriate work attire for job site.
- Provides individual and/or group academic assistance to participants.
- Facilitates daily documentation, maintains attendance logs and any other required documentation
- Monitors workplace activities of individuals during assignments to ensure physical and environmental safety, or for the purpose of reporting on critical/behavioral incidents.
- Reports all Unusual and Major Unusual incidents according to agency policy/procedure.
- Participates in investigations as required per policy/procedure.
- Participates in all regulatory and compliance reviews, as required.
- Support individuals in a competitive employment setting with learning the skills to adapt to an employer's specific needs. Encourage individual empowerment through choice making choices. Plans, develops and implements strategies for developing individual's independent work skills. Assists, monitors, and supports individuals in all areas of on the job supports including but not limited to:
- Develop and strengthen individual's professionalism
- Strengthening natural supports in the workplace
- Identifying natural and community supports
- Developing appropriate social skills and social integration in the workplace
- Problem solving and appropriate job related expectations
- Providing training for skill development
- Developing the skills to match workplace realities, managing a Job, networking and appropriate workplace relationships
Quality Outcomes- 35%
- Implements individualized employment supports that will ensure participants attain and maintain community employment as per the individual's person centered planning.
- Ensures a positive relationship with all other employees in a manner that enhances the programs and services of Koinonia Enterprises.
- Ensures participants census is at or above identified program needs through quality instruction.
Staff Development- 5%
- Attend required trainings to maintain all required certifications for continued employment. ( First Aid, CPR,CPI)
- Obtain and maintain Medication Certification.
- Ensure driver's license and car insurance remains current for continued employment. Must be able to provide transportation to individuals.
- Attend all mandatory staff trainings to enhance personal competencies of the individuals and agency.
- Ensure completion of all on-line trainings required. College of Direct Support (CDS), within the required deadline.
- Participate in agency programs that teach professional growth. (CIP,CAP)
- Perform other related duties as directed by the supervisor
- Performs other related duties as directed by the Director of Koinonia Enterprises.
- Recognizes individual person's (customer's) needs and expectations.
- Interacts with peers, colleagues, and all other customers with the understanding that service is our reason for existence.
- Displays a positive attitude. Responds positively to changes and demonstrates the ability to be flexible in their work environment.
- Ability and willingness to work with co-workers, customers, supervisors, other Koinonia personnel, and management.
- Complies with the requirements of checking e-mails on a regular basis.
- Responsible for the proper use of the payroll system. Accountable for accuracy of employee time and data input.
- Accountable for the accurate and timely submission of financial data to the Finance Department. Submits expense reports on a timely basis. Submits accurate records for billable services for billing purposes.
- Responsible for the processes to ensure the confidentiality, security and integrity of data and that the information is maintained and protected against loss, destruction, tampering and unauthorized destruction or use
- Think creatively and imaginatively on projects
- Proactively problem solve
- Work without supervision – using self-motivation and strong initiative
- Follow activity program instructions
- Follow verbal and written directions
- Treat people with disabilities as their equals
- Effectively relate to other people
- To work as a team member
- Thoroughly and timely complete required documentation
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- May be exposed to contagious diseases
- May be exposed to aggressive or otherwise challenging individuals
- Must be 21 yrs. of age or older.
- High School Diploma or GED; Associate or above degree preferred.
- One-year experience required-Vocational/Educational/Paraprofessional
- Flexible, with the ability to work in a demanding environment.
- Demonstrated computer skills including Word and internet search capability
- Verifiable activity work in an educational or IDD setting
- High energy level with enthusiasm for connecting to the community
- Valid Ohio Driver's License
- Must comply with organization driving requirements
- Must have own vehicle available to transport individuals when needed
- Must have proof of vehicle liability insurance
- Certified Employment Support Professional™ (CESP™) Credentials Recommended but not required
EOE/ Drug Free Workplace